Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February's Full Moon...

(Photo: Lisa Erin Brown)
"No sight is more provocative of awe than is the night sky."

~ Alex J. Packer
For yesterday and most of today, the sky was hidden by a thick and cottony layer of musty grey cloud.  My hopes of getting some photographs of the February Full Moon seemed to be approaching the state of 'dashed'.  As dusk slowly darkened into night, I was thrilled to see the clouds directly overhead developing pockets, the wink of a few stars twinkling through.  My favorite moons to photograph are those accompanied by cloud formations.  The light from the brilliant full orb hitting the surrounding cumulus creates a distinct and eerie mood of mystery.  I have so many photos of that type of scene. Unfortunately, I didn't get the moody patchy clouds I predicted, but I did get to see the Full Moon I thought was going to be obscured...so all was not lost...
(Photo: Lisa Erin Brown)
"The iron tongue of midnight hath told twelve.
Lovers, to bed; 'tis almost fairy time."

~ William Shakespeare

(Photo: Lisa Erin Brown)
"With finger on her solemn lip,
Night hushed the shadowy earth."

~ Margaret Deland

No comments:

Post a Comment