Tuesday, July 3, 2012

July's Moon On The Marsh...

(Photo:  Lisa Erin Brown)
There was a slight haze covering the horizon this evening. As the last remnants of the day's light started to wane just past sunset, I was starting to think that I might not get to see this month's Moon. I had already visited the marshes edge once to find nothing rising in the sky, so when I went back for a second time I wasn't hopeful that I would get to see anything from my vantage point.

(Photo:  Lisa Erin Brown)
As I walked down the grassy bank and rounded the corner of the first building, there it was. Big and orange. Hanging there in all it's glory. I had to rush back to grab the camera and tripod (I hadn't bothered to bring them with me), and in the process really wrenched my knee. (I'm sure I'll truly feel it in the morning.) I toughed out my knee pain and the mosquitoes (the buggers were relentless tonight) long enough to snap off several shots. The tide was somewhat 'in', and even though there was a considerable amount of wrack covering the water's surface, there was a big enough gap in the dry blanket of floating grass to catch a bit of a reflection. The Full Capricorn Moon was beautiful. To the naked eye it appeared much larger than it does in my photos. Really gorgeous.

(Photo:  Lisa Erin Brown)
Later, after giving it some time to rise a bit higher in the sky, I snapped a few of my "mood" shots I like to shoot. The haze I had perceived earlier was extremely diaphanous, and as there weren't any cloud formations to speak of, the sky on it's own was kind of dull. From a picture taking perspective, anyway. I plan B'd my remaining photos to the natural framework of the surrounding trees. I really like the eerie quality of the tiny mesh work of small branches and Spanish Moss. I ended up with several I'm pleased with.

Next up, August's Aquairian Moon...

(Photo:  Lisa Erin Brown)
(Photo:  Lisa Erin Brown)

No comments:

Post a Comment