Thursday, March 8, 2012

Shining Full Moon of March...

(Photo: Lisa Erin Brown)
At just around midnight of last night, I went in search of the Virgo Full Moon that was scheduled to shine.  The photo above is what I saw...an overcast sky with no hint of the moon making an appearance.  Disappointed, I was.  I have always had an admiration for that satellite of the Earth.  She rules high over the realm of night, showing herself in various stages according to the Sun's reflection.  Keeping tabs on each month's full Moon is something I have been doing for awhile.  Occasionally, dense cloud cover will shield her from observation.  I had resigned myself to the fact that this past night was going to pass without an appearance.

Later, I was thrilled to discover that the Moon would make it's scheduled appearance in full glory.  Several hours after my initial discovery, my boyfriend had stepped out to grab a smoke on the front porch.  He was the one who gave me the news.  I was going to photograph March's Virgo full Moon after all. Some of the shots I captured follow...

(Photo: Lisa Erin Brown)

(Photo: Lisa Erin Brown)

(Photo: Lisa Erin Brown)

(Photo: Lisa Erin Brown)

2 comments: