Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy St. Valentine's Day, 2011...

Just wanted to send out some Valentine wishes. Hope a lovely day is had by all.
~ Lisa :)





"Men always want to be a woman's first love - What women like is to be a man's last romance."
~ Oscar Wilde




(The Jam has been my favorite group since they happened on the scene in the late 70's, and Paul Weller is king in my book. This is such a lovely and romantic song, and this rendition is beautiful.)


"Let the world stop turning, Let the sun stop burning, Let them tell me love's not worth going through. If it all falls apart, I will know deep in my heart, The only dream that mattered had come true...In this life I was loved by you."
~ Bette Midler

"LOVE: The irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired."
~ Mark Twain

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep. The more I give thee, the more I have, for both are infinite."
~ William Shakespeare

"Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity."
~ Henry Van Dyke

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."
~ Sam Keen


"To love someone is to see a miracle invisible to others."
~ Francois Mauriac

"Life is a flower of which love is the honey."
~ Victor Hugo



"Love is a portion of the soul itself, and it is of the same nature as the celestial breathing of the atmosphere of paradise."
~ Victor Hugo

"Love comfortheth like sunshine after rain."
~ William Shakespeare




(This video is of Russian classical pianist, Evgeny Kissin, playing one of many pieces I dig by my favorite classical composer, Chopin. Kissin is far and away my favorite of the contemporary pianists. There are so many entries that could be made to the list of romantic classical works, but Chopin's music really resonates with me.)



"He who love touches walks not in darkness."
~ Plato

"For you see, each day I love you more. Today more than yesterday, and less than tomorrow."
~ Rosemonde Gerard


"I have found men who didn't know how to kiss. I've always found time to teach them."
~ Mae West

"Do you love me because I am beautiful, or am I beautiful because you love me?"
~ Cinderella

"Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other."
~ Rainer Maria Rilke

"Soul meets soul on lover's lips."
~ Percy Bysshe Shelly


"There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved."
~ George Sand

"One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life. That word is love."
~ Sophocles




(Not necessarily a typical love song for a Valentine's Day, but it is about 'Love' and...I just like the song...so there!)

2 comments:

  1. wow Lisa I liked that hert shaped stone...so natural
    hehehehe
    happy valentines day to you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Happy Valentine's Day to you, too. :)

    ReplyDelete