Friday, September 19, 2014

Shine On Harvest Moon...2014...

("Harvest Moon"; by Samuel Inness, 1805-1881)
Mabon is near. The Harvest Moon acted as herald. Here on the marsh we had been having some cloud cover in the couple of days leading up to it. It looked like I was going to experience the August Full Moon all over again in not getting to see Luna in her fullness on the night of the official phase. The cloud cover for the night of September 8th did remain for the most part, but I was allowed to see the bright glowing orb through the veil. There she was through a window in the gauze, wisps filtering over like tatters from a shroud.

I can't wait for autumn to arrive, but obviously I know I must. It won't be long now. Just three more days...I think I can handle that.

The Harvest Moon was beautiful as full moons generally are. This one was especially bright allowing farmers to reap what they have sown in her glow. I am not a farmer, but I did bask in her rays. I met her gaze as she looked down on me and my corner of things...and I snapped some photos. I am posting some of them later than intended, and as is usual with pictures they don't do her justice. A selection of them follows.

The equinox is up next.  













No comments:

Post a Comment